Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Randomness, Again At Its Best……

I recently had an email come through my inbox from the Army entitled “Afghan Wars”. This was the only mental image I could produce at the time. Does anyone else call crocheted blankets "Afghans" or is it just people from the South? And then I thought this picture sent to me was hilarious as well.






Twitter Update- Alright, so I’m completely lost on how the Twitter thing works, but I thoroughly enjoy reading and seeing randomness at its best. I’ve been tweeting for about 3 weeks, okay that’s a lie. I’ve been “reading” tweets and retweets. My personal belief is that Twitter is a fancy way to cyber-stalk famous people and celebrities from a distance that safely harbors you from being slapped with a restraining order or sitting outside their Hollywood home with binoculars around your neck. You know where they are and what they’re doing or how they’re feeling, eating, etc. without all the time consuming legwork of stalking. Plus, this gives the advantage for one to "follow" many people, not just one or two and this is widely accepted by everyone in America who tweets. Scary thought, but oh well.
I have unfollowed @JimCantore (of the Weather Channel). This crap with #Igor and his incessant ramblings on tornados in #Kansas and other weather mumbo-jumbo, frankly I don’t give a damn. However, the tweets of the voice-sexy @mikeroweworks (Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs) have now filled my twitter page. Ahhh, I can just imagine him doing a voice-over on his tweets to his followers, all 29,326 of us. And my favorite twit-pic of the week.




@mikeroweworks In a jelly bean factory. Quite possibly my favorite homage to Safety Third. Ever. http://twitpic.com/2oihjh


Other honorable mentions of tweeters that I follow are: @celiarivenbark (NC humorist/writer) who hasn’t tweeted since September 09. However, her last tweet was epic and I kept her because of that. @BenFolds (NC native in the music industry) and by gosh keeping him on here forever because of the YouTube clip from a live performance on “Chatroulette” (check it out) at a Charlotte Concert. Again, Bobby you made that concert rock and you too Bam on the can. Yes, this clip was downloaded to my iPod for my in flight entertainment to Texas last April. And last but not least @brettcbailey (renowned social networker in a smallish portion of NC) 95% of his content on Twitter is RT (re-tweets) but still an essential person to follow for your daily laugh or for your need to know info on college sports or NFL football, which I skip over these tweets and read the more pressing issues facing the world today; like some these:
RT@
PeterGriffinn I type like this, #becauseimagangsta. yuuhh typ3 lyk3 diz bcuz ur @n id10t.


True. U no? Pardon the interjection of a personal tangent, but bear with me, this is my blog. Or my personal favorite shortened txt word that my husband uses constantly,"caws" not cause. Aggravating, but apparently it's the most time efficient shortcut txt word for our soldiers in the U.S. Army who communicate via BB messenger to find out what time final formation is or to tell their wife they can't talk long "caws tim is short" which translates to "cause time is short". Really? I thought you were saying we can't talk long because your 6 foot father Tim is now short. Okay on to more sweet tweets...


RT@alyankovic On second thought, it actually might behoove you to fear the Reaper a little bit. #rockretractions (I need more Cowbell!)
@brettcbailey I wish Tucker max would come out and punch Chelsea handler right in the ovary.
#vma (I wish the same too!)
So, my life is a little bit funnier each day thanks to all the tweeters I follow. It's kind of like those brown bag specials, you never know what you’re going to find inside or read in this case. Happy tweeting for you peeps that do and find me if you can. I'm on to google a video of @mikeroweworks playing a piano and singing at the tannery and download it to my iPod. Maybe, just maybe, Ben and Mike could meet up on day on Chatroulette. Ahh...that would be awesome. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment