Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring is Finally Here!!

The snow has finally melted and now we get to experience crazy high winds & the joys of chasing trash cans blowing through the neighborhood. The sunny weather this past week has inspired me to tackle several Pinterest projects that I've been wanting to do & start working on the flower beds in front of our house. I'm excited about making our house a little more personalized with each project we add to it. 

The rockers have returned to the front porch alongside a cheery new piece of wall art for the front porch. I was inspired by a friend back home, who made a sign like this for her mother's front porch. I call this the "Lindsey". The mason jars are attached to the wood with a hose clamp with a hole that's been drilled through it. Since spring has just arrived to NNY, I knew that it would be weeks before the first buds of flowers pop up in my flowerbed, so I went in a different cost effective direction. FAUX FLOWERS. ;) I picked up some fake daffodils at the World of Wally on clearance and added them to the mason jars & anchored them inside with a dab of hot glue on a glass marble. After today's crazy wind, I'm really glad that I anchored my flowers or they would've been clear across the neighborhood. 

Another addition to the front porch is my super cute rag wreath with a chalkboard sign.  This wreath is time consuming, but I used the scraps from a quilt I'm still working on and quiet frankly I might be working on forever. I think it the rag wreath turned out lovely and the "Hey Y'all" chalkboard sign hanging underneath. The chalkboard round was a group Pinterest craft my neighborhood meet-up group did the other week. Prior to painting the front, I drilled 2 holes  through the wood and when it was dry I used some orange ribbon to tie it into place. I printed out my text and traced over the paper. Once finished I just used a paint pen to follow the outline. I did the same process for the following text on my next project below. 

This is my favorite project I've done so far and is what I like to call the "Paradise" coffee mug holder. I found a similar mug holder on Etsy for $115. This one cost me about $30.  The Johnny Cash quote speaks to me and I absolutely loved it. When asked what his idea of paradise was, he answered "This morning with her, having coffee." referring to June. And as a bonus I freed up a whole cabinet in the kitchen by hanging all our mugs.  

Last, but not least, here's the most recent project the hubs & I worked on. This winter we spent several LONG weeks completing this Peanuts photomosaic puzzle while being confined to our home due to the never-ending snow. This puzzle has been hanging out, propped up on my desk and begging for a frame since we completed it. Well, hubs knocked out not one, but 3 custom frames this weekend. We finished this one in a black stain to complement Snoopy. The other two frames are awaiting stain and/or assembly & will be displayed in the near future with custom kid art and another puzzle I completed earlier this past fall. I'm really looking forward to more Pinterest inspired projects to do around the house, so if I'm not blogging I'm either reading, over pinning my heart out or in the garage working on something new. Until next time y'all!









No comments:

Post a Comment