Monday, April 27, 2015

Planning my heart out!



The other week I took a leap of faith and ordered an Erin Condren Life Planner after my sister, Mande received hers in the mail. I had been using a my iPhone, a wall calendar and a monthly planner to manage my appointments, things going on the our family and monthly budgeting. Sometimes things didn't get input into my iPhone calendar or on the wall calendar and there I was missing an appointment or trying to remember where I was supposed to be.

On Saturday, this gem arrived in the mail and I'm impressed. Let's start off saying that I got a deep discount on this bad boy and $10 off with a referral from my sister. Normally the basic Life Planners run $50 and it doesn't even include shipping. However the Erin Condren website were offering them 40% off and the coupon from my sister covered my shipping. So, with a few extra goodies added on (Pop-in Meal Planner and budget book) I didn't even spend $40. I had it personalized with my name on the front, which is included in the price. 

After I ordered this and patiently awaited it's arrival. I searched the web for how most people used them. Let me just say, there are some people who decorate the heck out of their planners.  I got tons of great ideas for adding things in my planner, like cleaning schedules, monthly budgeting and lots more. Right now I'm using the 2 page monthly spread for my budgeting and overview of appointments. The weekly spreads I'm adding in when library books are due, when my son is ungrounded, my meet-up group's activites, when to blog, grocery shopping and the biggest thing I'm working on...writing my novel! I've been trying to carve out time to work on it, but sometimes (like always) life has got in the way. Hence, why I've started this project almost 6 years ago. So I'm excited for this planner to help control the chaos in my life and finally get myself organized. I have high hopes for this planner in the hands of a mom with ADD. 

On a totally different note.....GUESS WHAT OPENED THIS WEEKEND!?!?!?

One of the local drive-in theaters opened this weekend. So the hubs, kids and I loaded up and went to the Alexandria Bay Drive-in Friday night. We opted for the kid friendly double feature of "Home" and "Insurgent". I'm excited because nothing says summer, like evening spent at the drive-in with those you love. And of course, we enjoy the "Star Spangled Banner" prior to the movie starting. 







No comments:

Post a Comment