Saturday, October 24, 2015

Wedding Anniversary Weekend

So last week, the hubs and I celebrated 13 years of marriage. We kept our celebration a little low key, but still had fun. We went on an impromptu trip down to Syracuse to B&N  to browse books, popped in at Trader Joe's for a couple things I love from there and we even squeezed in a trip to Wegmans for steaks to grill the next evening for dinner. 
The hubs got me some beautiful irises and tulips, since I'm not a roses type of girl. The boys were out of school for Columbus Day and we decided to take our fall family portrait in 70* weather with sweat rolling down our backs. Mind you that 4 days later it snowed. Yep, October is broken up here in the North Country. However, our family pictures turned out great! Then we capped off the afternoon with a picnic, steak dinner and watched Billy Madison, just like we do every year on our anniversary. 
We even had a cake. Wait, let me explain. I made a delicious lemon pound cake from the same recipe used for our wedding cake 13 years ago. Then the hubs used the Rummage family decoration skills that I lack and iced this 2-tiered sugar confection to perfection. And then we smashed it in each other's faces...twice. The first time our oldest bumped the camera tripod that we had set up to recreate the cake cutting and we ended up with 10 pictures of the window in the dining room. The second time was way more successful.
So, here's to 13 years and many more with my best friend!





No comments:

Post a Comment