Saturday, March 6, 2010

Giddy Up Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mow Mow!

I've Had Another Celebrity Run In...Yes, it's true. I saw Elvira!


Friday night, while dining at a local Pizza Hut with my sister, niece and my two small children, we had a celebrity sighting. We were in awe at the Mistress of the Dark and the path her life has took. I never thought that I'd get see another celebrity in public, but it was pure luck.


I took a poll on Facebook to find out which celebrities some of my friends met. I learned that everyone gets lucky meeting a celebrity from time to time. Just like my Facebook friends and their neat stories:

Cindy- Ron Howard :) I waited on him at the Village Tavern.
Stacy-Joe Nichols at the BBQ festival a few years ago.
Karen- Tom Cruise- I provided EMS coverage when he rented Charlotte Motor Speedway to practice driving for Days of Thunder.
Angela-Evil Kneivel, he called for room service, hot dogs and when he said who he was I said, yeah right... I was wrong!
Annie-me
Julie
-Annie & George Clooney
Tim-Jerry Reed, played a show with him in Morganton a few years ago with the Fox Brothers.
Ellie-John Major -you might say 'who?' but he was prime minister of Great Britain at the time! I played guitar for him! Oh and the Duchess of Kent...
Nikki-Wow Guys! Tim-Did you play "East Bound and Down" with him?
Tim-No but we were "loaded up and bussin'" lol. I played with the Fox Brothers and we played first. Jerry's band played next. It was an awesome night. Big crowd too!
Tiffany-I've met Neal Mccoy, John Cena, Eddie Guerrero (Before he died), but my favorite was Charlie Daniels!!!
Seth-Drew Carey, Mimi, Serena Williams, Keyshawn Johnson, Sid Vicious. Mike Tyson, Charlie Daniels, Paul Brandt....
Lori- Lanie Pope...WXII NEWS 12 LOL

I also remember hearing the tales of Celebrity sighting from other friends. My friend who saw Rick Flair in the Charlotte-Douglas Airport one time, and my husband's friend Carl was a cousin to Michael Jordan (I think that's what he told us.), my friends Brian and Dan (both were in the Human Blender 2001 from the video last week) stalked Andy Griffith's home in Manteo when we were living in Rodnathe. (Yes, I had several nights in Rodanthe...minus wild horses that far south on the coast, it just doesn't happen.) Dan & Brian got past the gate and returned to tell us all the tale of the dangling green bean from the shirtless Matlock and that he attended Mount Olivet UMC in Manteo. Or the time, my sister Julie went to the Extreme Home Makeover going on in our hometown last November, met Jewel and her husband(the rodeo star, who's name no one can ever remember) and even grabbed Ty's butt.
In this picture,Julie is standing next to Ty (in the cream colored shirt) and we can't see her left hand, can we? Look at the dude's face, something is clearly going on back there. So celebrity run-ins happen quite frequently to people I know. My brother Josh, has met Richard Petty, my friend Amber has met so many rock stars, I don't know where to begin, but she met Gwen Stefani (awesome), Clay's Aunt Merritt has met Obama and about every Democrat in D.C. in the last 5-10 years(Wow, if you're into politics, which I'm not). My cousin Jamie rode in an elevator with an Olsen twin while in NY, Clay has met Chris Weinke (former FSU & Charlotte Panther's football player), other Panther players, most of WWE wrestlers (he has something in common with Tiffany), Chocolate Myers (some racing guy we talked while in Big Lots), Chris Daughtry, and even Vanilla Ice. Clay met the lengendary college football coach, Bobby Bowden. I've ran into (literally) Eric Montross in Wal-Mart and while I was wearing the shoes that Mugsy Bogues signed. I've met Richard Childress (who, by the way is a very unattractive man), Bob Timberlake (an NC artist), and even looked at the same DvD section while standing next to Dale Jr. in the Concord Mills Mall (but, Clay met him at a bar). But, Elvira has topped the list, replacing my autographed picture of John Travolta. Elvira has changed in the past few years, but here she is still..........


This picture really doesn't give you the full effect of a celebrity encounter, but it WAS her, complete with hair & make-up, my sister and I were in shock. I really wish I would have taken several pictures, but you know camera phones just don't snap that quick. If we've just seen Elvira, could Elvis be next on our list? Until next time, happy celebrity sightings!

No comments:

Post a Comment