Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Miss Texas......

Like a Rhinestone Cowboy....
Riding out on a horse in a
star-spangled rodeo!


This song always puts a smile on my face, it's like the un-official theme song to Texas. I want to watch Lonesome Dove, old episodes of Dallas and Gunsmoke after I listen to this song. It's about like "Holiday Road" makes you want to travel cross country with your family, call your husband Sparky and pray that a dog didn't wet on your sandwiches. I have no desire to call Clay "Sparky", just Big Tex!
I just want you to ask yourself one thing.
If you were... if you were me,
wouldn't you do the same thing for your children?



I'm making preparations to fly to Texas with the boys to see their Daddy for the first time since Christmas. We're set out to leave in less than 30 days. Since things can change at any moment with the Army, we're booking everything last minute. The whole "Hurry Up & Wait" can quickly turn into "We're Doing this Now", so Thank God! I'm very flexible and not dead set in my ways. I think that being flexible and being able to go with the flow is valuable ArmyWife trait. Maybe some wives' would beg to differ, but I think I would have gone stir crazy before now, if I hadn't been the way I am.
I'm beginning to slowly see the big picture, the grand scheme of it all, the way are lives will be together in the future and this is just one of the many separations our family will face. You've got to just relax and give it to God. If not, I'd already be driving the Wagon Queen Family Truckster in metallic pea to Texas! Oh and in case you missed it....Clark and Ellen have been spotted in the Truckster!



In the wise words of ELO you got to....


Accroches-toi à ton rêve
Accroches-toi à ton rêve
Quand tu vois ton bateau partir
Quand tu sens ton coeur se briser
Accroches-toi à ton rêve.

Hold on tight to your dream
Hold on tight to your dream
When you see the shadows falling
When you hear that cold wind calling
Hold on tight to your dream.
Oh, yeah
Hold on tight to your dream
Yeah, hold on tight...
To your dream.





No comments:

Post a Comment