Saturday, March 6, 2010

People are Strange..When You're a Stranger....




Have you ever made friends with people based on common ground and then found out how crazy they are? You talk, find out similar interests and hope that it's enough to base a friendship on. But, what if they have skeletons in their closets? I'm talking super scary skeletons! Random things that are just blurted out in public and you're like....Okay?!? And then the "new friend" expects you to digest their comment like they had just said, "Don't paint your kitchen red, the color red makes you hungry."

Okay?!? Now, you have the feeling that your "new friend" has recently been featured on Dog the Bounty Hunter and it lead to a 4 part episode ending with Beth cussing and beating the crap out of them.


Well, none of this has happened to me yet, but I'm the sounding board, the Dr. Phil for my friends and I've heard some CrAzY stories in the past month from some of my fellow Army wives. I listen to my friends, give sound advice and I don't charge for my services.


What would you do if you had just met someone and then they go totally psycho on you? What if you really haven't known them long enough to piss them off and they go off the deep end about dinner on Thursday night? (By the way, my dinner Thursday night was really good.) I've heard enough to want to be a recluse when my family and I move, sticking solely to FB for contact with the outside world....Heed my advice!


Is making new friends as an adult really that hard? Apparently so. Most of my friends are the one's I grew up, some people I've worked with over the years and kept in touch with and a few Army wives that I met. By the way, none of the one's I know are weird or crazy....yet. (Just joking!)


Good luck in your adventures for new friendships!

And Yes, that chick is posing with Dog for

a picture in the freezer section at Wal-Mart.

One word......

CLASSY!


No comments:

Post a Comment