Friday, January 22, 2010

Cryptic Text: Had to eat ‘margaret’ on my bread and about threw up thinking about it.


Has anyone read that email going around about the difference between butter and margarine? My sister, Mande sent it to me and I no longer have margarine in my fridge. There are just too many if-y things about margarine. Here the link to the story. Please read before proceeding, if you want the full effect of the story behind the Margaret on my bread.
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/butter-margarine.htm

However, while on my romantic weekend getaway with the husband, we ate at this awesome place, The County Line. For an appetizer we ordered a ½ loaf of homemade bread and with it came some honey –flavored margarine. I about threw up thinking about the butter vs. margarine email while eating my delicious bread. I told my sister via text message about the bread and margarine while waiting for my flight. My 12 year old niece, Emma was texting for my sister while she drove the kids to school. (It’s illegal to text and drive in NC.) This is what took place.

Nikki : (via text in Texas) I had to eat margarine at dinner and about threw up thinking about it.


Emma (in car with her mother, Mande in NC) – Mom! Aunt Nikki sent a message.


Mande – Ok, read it.


Emma – (reading) Had to eat MARGARET at dinner and about threw up thinking about it.


Mande – WHAT?


Emma – Had to eat MARGARET at dinner and about threw up thinking about it.


Mande – Ate what Margaret?


Emma – I don’t know. That is what it says.


Mande: (thinking) I’m driving racking my brain to try to remember if we have the word Margaret “code” for anything.


Mande- Are you sure it says Margaret? Give me the f’ing phone.


Emma –That’s what it says. Here.


Mande – OH MY GOD Emma, learn how to freakin’ read. It says margarine! Why would your Aunt Nikki eat Margaret?


Emma – I don’t know. Sorry.


Mande – Geeze, child. I love you. Get out. Have a good day.


Emma gets out of the car and walks into school.

Mande-I call you (Nikki) a short time later on to talk to you about eating Margaret at dinner.


......And that’s how I ate Margaret on my bread at dinner, according to my pre-teen niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment