Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mohawk Baby and Skyy Vodka flying into SAT from ATL


So, as I flew from Atlanta to San Antonio and had a 2 hour layover in the biggest freaking airport. I got see the cutest little boy (well, not as cute as my two) with this Mohawk. I just couldn't take my eyes off this child. He was about 18 months and traveling with his mother. Maybe I was fascinated with him because I was missing my boys, but he kept me entertained during my flight, along with Celia. Okay, here comes the snack cart down the aisle. So, Mom orders her Diet Coke, Skyy Vodka, a $3 can of Pringles and free cookies, while Mohawk Baby is asleep in her arms. As a Southern-born person and raised in a state that doesn’t sell alcohol before noon on Sunday, I take interest in the people who drink before noon. Mind you, that we left Atlanta at 10:48am, but we have an hour time difference flying into Texas. So, it’s really about 10:15 in the morning as these people start drinking when they’re able to push the snack carts out. Just about 5 minutes later, Mohawk Baby has just woke up and looks a little parched from the flight. Whoa…he reaches over and finishes off Mommy’s coke and vodka. Let’s just say that Mohawk Baby is a pleasant child the remainder of the flight. And really people, I don’t make this stuff up. It really happens.

*Disclaimer: This photo is not of the actual Mohawk Baby. Well, it might be at 1 month old.

1 comment:

  1. your so funny and a gifted writer, thanks for giving me a 5 minute joy during my long boring day!

    ReplyDelete