Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Kids Can Jimmy a Candy Machine. What Can Your's Do?


The other day, my sister Mande and I were at a used book store with my two boys, ages 4 and 2. We're in the store, browsing around and didn't have a stroller to contain my two-year old. The book store had the 25¢ candy machines everywhere. I didn't have any change and my oldest wanted some candy. I told him no and we'd get some later. I have my youngest by the hand while in the store and my oldest following closely. Lost in the book, I begin to hear the sound of something hitting metal and chomping sounds. I looked down, the boys have managed to jimmy the candy machine for free candy. Candy was now spilling out onto the floor and what was left in the tray was being gobbled up by the boys. Now, if anyone could be more proud of their kids it would be their father at this exact moment. I'm scrambling around on the floor picking up "dirty" candy and trying to get it before it goes in my youngest child's mouth and laughing, because my oldest still is getting candy out of the machine and feeding it to his brother. And then I hear my oldest say, "Mom, I don't like these Skitties, can you get me some Nim & Nims? This machine doesn't have any in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment