Thursday, February 11, 2010

Approaching the End of Week 2 Veggie-Style

Okay, so I started two weeks ago Saturday on the Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian Diet. I had a small slip up. The other night I went out to eat sushi with my sister-in-law Rebekah. Well, I had mushroom soup (made with chicken broth) and California rolls (made inside-out, containing cucumber, crab meat or imitation crab stick, and avocado; and often the outer layer of rice (in an inside-out roll) is sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds or tobiko, fish eggs)and a Philly roll (smoked salmon, avocado and cream cheese). It was delicious! It was awesome! However, I'm still cooking/eating veggies things. Tonight I fixed Italian Mac and Cheese (30 minute Meals with Rachael Ray) for dinner. But in lieu of the chicken stock, I substituted vegetable broth and instead of Italian sausage, I used Gimme Lean Sausage sprinkled with Italian seasoning. It turned out really well and I couldn't tell a difference.




However, my veggie diet maybe ending in the very near future. It's really out of my hands at this point, I'm leaving for Texas on Saturday. I am so excited to be spending Valentine's Day with my husband! However, I don't believe they have any vegetables in the entire state, just giant slabs of beef. I'm really going to try and stick with my vegetarian diet, but if Clay & I come across the "Ole 96er" in a Texas Steakhouse, you're gonna hear me say: "No Problem. If I can get a dessert down him, think you can throw in a couple of Paul Bunyan hat's for the kids?"

No comments:

Post a Comment