Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back To Being An Omnivore

FYI- the state of Texas doesn't support the needs of Vegetarians. There was no vegetables in sight, just french fries and ketchup. Also, I was miserable without my chicken and fish for the 2 weeks I attempted Vegetarianism. Kudos to those who live this lifestyle, it's very hard. Meat byproducts are in EVERYTHING! It was a real eye-opener to take on the challenge. I know I said ONE month, but you know...it's difficult. Needless to say, I'm back to eating meat. (Bojangle's was so good this morning.)
So, I once again traveled to Texas to see my husband for a Valentine's Day weekend getaway. We had a really good time. We had lots of fun: enjoyed a late lunch at Bennihana's with a $4 discount (What the heck?), I mastered the interstate system of San Antonio in a rental car, shared a 50 piece Chicken Nugget meal for Valentine's Day dinner and a BBQ/cookout with my husband's company on Monday evening and even some illegal activity took place. ~Wait! I really cannot eloborate on the details of what happened, but all I can tell you is that we didn't get caught or arrested for stealing government property. However, I did return the property (twice) and will not be facing federal charges! :) It was a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment