Tuesday, February 9, 2010

OMGosh! That Chicken Leg is Begging Me to Eat It!


Okay, so the whole Veggie-lifestyle is going good. However, the start of week 2, I've been tempted. I've done really well, I feel better, but I have a nagging craving for chicken and fish. I stopped by Bojangles Monday evening to pick up dinner for the boys following swim lessons. I normally don't get fast-food to eat for dinner, but this was an exception. Chris had swim lessons, Ayden just left daycare and I didn't feel like cooking. I brought our dinner back home and we enjoyed a sit-down meal together as a family. I had vegetarian sushi (not Bojangles) and Sweet Tea. Chris had a sausage biscuit and seasoned fries with ranch dressing. (He did really good at his swimming lesson.) Ayden gobbled up Cajun pintos, season fries and a chicken leg with the delightfully delicious crunchy breading. *sigh* You know how in commercials they make food really appealing, but you'd NEVER get it like that in real life. Well, this one time, this particular drumstick had leapt off a commercial shoot and into our take-out box. *It was TEMPTATION!* I really wanted to take the chicken leg out of the little guy's hand. I didn't, promise. I nearly OD'd on sodium from the amount of soy sauce I put on my sushi. Maybe next time I'll just make a bowl of rice, let it get cold and eat it with soy sauce. Anyway, the chicken smelt so good. But, I thought about my veggie friends, who I personally committed to trying this out HARDCORE for a whole month. Oh, this is so hard to do. But, I must prevail. I’ve got six recipes that I would like to try and remake with TVP or a veggie alternative. I’m going to push myself the next 19 days. (Thank God I picked a short month to do this.) I’m going to cross that finish line with my head held high knowing I didn’t give in to *Temptation!* Funny enough there are chickens in one on my favorite Muppet clips!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv5RQyV3OWQ


No comments:

Post a Comment