Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Trip Down Memory Lane...

So, I enjoyed a trip down memory lane, courtesy of my pal Kris or Will (whichever name he goes by now) Maybe he has the same problem that I have with my name(s). See this is what happens when your Mom names you the 2 most popular names in the 1980's and then chooses to call you by a nickname. Anyway, Kris (Will) FB status the other morning was: I am missing Summershine today! See Kris (Will) and I worked together on summer as Summershiners (click here for details) at the Cape Hatteras KOA. As a Summershiner we scrubbed toilets, we prayed and had fun. I remember it was almost like yesterday.....


It's Time to Shine...The Truth According to Dan!

This more or less is the Dan and Brian show, but some I remembered the fun times and wonderful memories. I miss Summershine too! And just to let you know Brian ate/drank whatever came out of the Human Blender 2000 & ONE at least once a week. (hangs head and shakes) I remember all the funny skits during Saturday Night Live (our SNL) and the little girl who peed her pants from laughing so hard. I remember making Hurricane Fries in the Cafe with George, banana bikes that could possibly rip a small boys testicles off while riding (see above picture), Friday night bonfires on the beach, driving an hour to get to a Wal-Mart or McDonald's, Punky taking pictures on the beach (this is one of her shots of Clay & I in the seaoats). Oh and how could I forget my near-death experience there (I've had several, but this was the near-death experience of 2001.) with Kris (I mean Will.) So, I'm laying on my stomach on the couch one day at our beach house and napping. Kris(Will) though it would be funny to sit on me, I'm just putting it out there that Kris isn't a small boy. Ever heard Roy D. Mercer ask "How Big 'a Boy Are Ya?" Well, Kris could scare the bejesus out of Ole Roy! So, he sits on me and I can't breathe, talk or signal for help (my arms are pinned down by his girth). So, what's a girl to do?


All I'm saying is...this is how a fart saved my life. Thank God for flatulence, because it may one day save your life. A Mighty Wind.....



Whoa Father! We got to slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment