Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Segway Tours for the Rich & Famous

Okay, so I’m going back to Texas in April and taking the boys. The whole “Hurry Up & Wait” thing the Army has going on is getting a bit annoying. However, we’ll be together as a family again for the long Easter weekend. It’s going to be so much fun. My youngest, Ayden turns 3 on Good Friday and we’re doing a SeaWorld birthday for him. (His Mommy & Daddy loves him so much.) I know a little over the top for a 3rd birthday, but come on we’re vacationing in San Antonio for Spring Break. Chris, my oldest is excited about flying. That’s all he’s talking about. This is what I hear all day.

“Mommy, we got to fly to Texas to see Daddy, so it can be Ayden’s birthday. Oh, and SeaWorld!”

I’m looking up deals online, inviting family and friends to join us. I’m excited. When I went to Texas a little over 3 weeks ago. (Wow, it’s been that long. Felt like I just got back.) Clay & I saw people doing Segway Tours around the Alamo. It looked really cool. It was a bit expensive, but looked well worth the price. Thinking about a breakfast tour at 6:30 in the morning. Sounds neat! So, I wonder if they have a side car or basket for the boys to ride in? I doubt, but it would be funny to see. I’m not rich, nor famous, but I’m riding a Segway with a cute pink helmet! So, I’m checking lots of things off on my imaginary bucket list I have going in my mind.



Flying with Children-Check.

Segway tour-Check.

SeaWorld-Check.

A Texas-sized Birthday for my little boy-Check.

A Riverwalk Boat Tour-Check.

Driving a rental on the vast highway system in Texas-Check. (I’m not thrilled about that one, but it must be done.)



The good thing is that this trips comes with perfect timing. I’ll be able to eat meat and meat by-products (If I wish.) while in Texas. March 1st ends the lacto-ovo vegetarian lifestyle for me.(If I want.) BTW-I started the whole Vegetarian kick two days early. Yep and it’s going great so far. No temptation from meat yet. I’ve made mock chicken salad from this neat food product called TVP. Google it. It’s going to be easier than I thought, just because of using these new ingredients to cook with. Tofu, TVP, Tofurkey, etc. It’s a challenge in the kitchen, but it’s something I enjoy. :)

Oh, and we’re having little Ayden’s birthday dinner at the County Line, screw the Rainforest Café. I want a jumbo, no-no a Texas-sized Sweet Tea with Lime with my dinner and a Riverwalk boat ride following Ayden’s Texas-sized birthday dinner. Can you tell I’m excited? I really am super excited. Now, who’s coming with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment