Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Mighty Wind.....


Now, my mother isn't too happy with me. She doesn't think that God has a sense of humor. Well, at least not with what my oldest sister said. My mother, my two older sisters and I were riding around the island in search of an ABC store. (Talk about family togetherness.)My mother loves it here on the outer banks and would LOVE to work and live here, year round. I told her that she could apply for a job at A Mighty Wind UMC in Nags Head. (She has worked at our church back home for 10 plus years.) Anyway, Mande, my oldest sister, started laughing and said something that myself nor my other sister, Julie could hear. Mande is laughing so hard she's crying. Finally, she's able to tell us. "A Mighty Wind. Is that what you call it when God farts?" We die laughing, except for Mom, who still doesn't think it's funny. "You all should be ashamed of yourselves!" she says sternly. I reply, "God has to have a sense of humor, He made ugly people."
If she were driving, I bet that I'd be walking back to the house after that comment. But, come on God has to laugh at the things people do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment